Revealed: the best beaches in Pembrokeshire
Pembrokeshire is famed for its striking coastline and there’s little wonder why. The coast is as varied as it is impressive; from long stretches of wide-open sandy beach to steep-sided pebble beaches that seem to defy explanation… whatever type of beach you prefer you can find it here.
But with so many to choose from, where do you start when it comes to choosing where to spend your day? Read our mini guide to the best beaches in Pembrokeshire, below, and prepare to be inspired…
Our guide to the best beaches in Pembrokeshire
There are over 50 beautiful beaches just waiting to be explored in this magical region. Here’s our top 5 that you should definitely try while staying at our holiday park in Pembrokeshire
- Amroth Beach: OK, so you might say we’re a little biased but we think that Amroth Beach is one of the best! Besides the fact that it’s only a skimming stone’s throw from our park, it is such an amazing place to spend the day. Whether you fancy diving in to the sea and getting wet or just want somewhere to practice your frisbee-throwing skills, Amroth has it all!
- Pendine Sands: OK, so the picky folks among you will say that this beach isn’t actually in Pembrokeshire. And you’d be right. It is just over the border in Carmarthenshire but is only a few miles from Amroth Castle and, therefore, well worth of inclusion in our list! At just over 6 miles in length, with golden sand as far as the eye can see, Pendine Sands is the perfect place for long walks or those who want to find a quiet spot and not be disturbed by large crowds. It’s also famous as the place where Sir Donald Campbell set the land speed records nearly a century ago.
- Tenby South Beach: Here at Amroth we simply love Tenby. The town itself is beautiful, with its busy working harbour, pretty pastel-coloured buildings and vibrant streets. We think you’ll love it too, especially if you like beach breaks. Head down from the town centre and onto Tenby South Beach. On a warm summer’s day you won’t be disappointed, we promise!
- Newgale Beach: This Blue Flag beach is a bit of trek from our park but we think it’s worth it! It’s an enormous beach backed by a huge wall of pebbles that seem to defy gravity. And, when the wind is blowing it will knock you off your feet here, so this is definitely the place to come and blow away the cobwebs.
- Freshwater West: If you’re idea of holiday heaven is being able to spend some time catching waves on your board then you should head over to Freshwater West, one of the best beaches in Pembrokeshire for surfers. South-west facing, this beach is renowned as a surfer’s paradise, with some of the best waves in country – but is recommended only for those with experience and who are strong swimmers, die to the rip currents here.
Want to know more? Check out our page on the finest Pembrokeshire beaches here…
Amroth Castle is the place to experience the best beaches in Pembrokeshire!
Our holiday park is perfectly placed to sample all these magnificent beaches, with many right on our doorstep.
We’ve got a wide range of self-catering accommodation available for your stay, including holiday cottages, castle accommodation and luxury caravans PLUS lots of great facilities on park including outdoor pool, children’s playground, bar and occasional live entertainment.
Book your break today by calling 01834 813217 or click here to book online