Things to do in Pembrokeshire: what’s on in 2020?
From music and food festivals to iron man competitions and cycling tours – there’s so many great things to do in Pembrokeshire!
Experience life as a local and soak up some of West Wales culture by taking or part or watching one of the many great local events that take place in Pembrokeshire.
There’s such a wonderful mix of entertainment on offer that there’s bound to be something to suit you!
Here’s just some of our highlights of the 2020 calendar…
- The Tour of Pembrokeshire takes places on May 16th and sees riders from across the UK and Europe take part in this popular cycling competition. The Tour really encapsulates what it is to cycle in Pembrokeshire; endless quiet country roads, coastal views, daunting climbs and energy-sapping up and downs!
- Pembrokeshire Fish Week, June 27th: This great festival celebrates the Welsh county’s first-class seafood, spectacular coastline, award winning beaches, and fascinating maritime heritage
- Saundersfoot Summer Festival By The Sea, : As part of Pembrokeshire Fish Week, Saundersfoot will be hosting lots of free events throughout the village including: Beach Safari, Beach Cleans, Beach Art, Guided Exploring of Saundersfoot’s Hidden Beaches, Seaweed Kitchen & more!
- The Tenby Summer Spectacular takes place on picturesque Tenby Harbour in August. Enjoy live bands a great mix of food, drink and lots of fun for all the family. Hosted by the Tenby Round Table. There will be a fireworks show at this event will be at 10pm (weather permitting)
- The showpiece Pembrokeshire County Show takes place from 18th-20th August at Haverfordwest: The largest three-day show in Wales, it’s a great day out in the heart of Pembrokeshire and fun for the whole family with activities and attractions to thrill and delight.
- Do you like your Spanish food? Enjoy some tasty paella at the Tenby Lions Paella Festival in August: Come along and enjoy lots of fun on Tenby Harbour with fine food and live music on offer!
- The Big Retreat, May 22nd– 25th: The feel-good festival where you can discover, bands, books, inner calm and a refreshed energy. Discover carefully created events, classes, workshops and talks which look to reflect and relax participants. With kids trampolining, talent shows, dance classes and much more, there is something to suit everyone at this festival of calm.
- The award-winning Narberth Food Festival takes place at the end of September and will be home to good food, great talks and demonstrations for all. There will be free activities for children and a full programme of live music and entertainment.
- A spectacular spectator spectacle… the Ironman Wales is well worth getting up for! Watch on in amazement on September 6th as hundreds put themselves through unimaginable pain to compete for the title. The community of Tenby and the hundreds of local volunteers who help this event run so smoothly put in a stunning performance, making this day all the more memorable.
- Whether you’re the sort who takes part or who just watches on in utter amazement, the Tenby Long Course Weekend on July 3rd-5th is an event you won’t want to miss. This is regarded as one of the most challenging triathlons in Wales and is held over three days. It sees competitors take on a 3.9km swim, followed by a 180km cycle ride followed by a 26.2mile marathon.
- The week-long Tenby Arts Festival in late September provides a varied, stimulating and entertaining late summer programme in this pretty seaside town. Talks on many subjects, classic and jazz music, drama, art workshops all contribute to a balanced and enjoyable week.
- Tenby Blues Festival takes place in all kinds of venues throughout the town, from the rugby club to the De Valence Pavilion. From live acts and open mic sessions to talks, workshops and exhibitions – It’s certainly worth a look, even if you don’t necessarily consider yourself a blues fan.